[PRL] laptop stolen from Egan 222

Jeffrey Palm jpalm at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Nov 23 09:27:34 EST 2003

Jamie L. Raymond wrote:

> Hey all,

> Everyone, please be aware. I'm not sure I would keep a laptop here
> overnight any longer outside of one of the locked suboffices.
>
> --
> Jamie

First, I'm really sorry to hear about your laptop, Jamie.

Second, in a feat of absent mindedness I locked myself out this morning
and got a cop to let me back in.  He didn't have a key, but was going to
let me in no-questions-asked.  That's bad.

Third, since the locksmith wouldn't be here until 4pm I 'let myself in'
in about two minutes -- these doors are *extremely* insecure and anyone
could do the same.

Fourth, I was here yesterday morning and there were a couple people in
and out, but I think mainly using the printers.

Jeff
--
Jeffrey Palm --> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/jpalm