[PRL] laptop stolen from Egan 222

Jamie L. Raymond raymond at ccs.neu.edu
Sat Nov 22 21:10:35 EST 2003

Hey all,

I came into Egan this evening and found that my laptop had been ripped
from its Kensington lock and taken. My gym clothes were in a pile next to
my desk where the theif had left them after taking my bag to, I think,
hide the laptop in as he took it away. I called the campus police and just
finished filing a report with an officer who came here to look things
over. We did a walk through and didn't notice anything else obviously
tampered with or missing.

I was the last one here last night and left about 10pm or so and made sure
the doors were locked before I left. Did anyone come into Egan today,
Saturday? If so did you notice anything about the doors or happen to see
my gym clothes on the floor next to my desk?

Pat, sometimes the doors here don't lock completely when they shut.
Could you put in a work order to request that maintainence take a look at them?

Everyone, please be aware. I'm not sure I would keep a laptop here
overnight any longer outside of one of the locked suboffices.

--
Jamie