[PRL] Perl 6

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Oct 1 16:05:13 EDT 2003

> Why do we always blame the others for such failures?
> Isn't it us, the college professors, who don't stand up
> in class and make sufficient fun of Java and C++ and C
> and Fortran and colleagues who insist on being as far
> behind as industry's state-of-the-art aka "fashionable"?

There may be a few college professors who make too little
fun of those languages, but I am quite sure that I am not
one of them.  I rather suspect that I do too much of this.

And if I insist on being far behind the state of the art
in industry, it is because I am ignorant of how far the
industrial state of the art has advanced beyond the things
that I insist upon teaching.

Will