[Pl-seminar] Fwd: [Boston Haskell] Thursday, September 29th, 7-9pm in the MIT CSAIL Reading Room

Eli Barzilay eli at barzilay.org
Wed Sep 21 16:04:53 EDT 2011

6 hours ago, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> Version control is obviously a graph problem.
> Categories are about graphs.
> Connecting the two must happen sooner or later.
> There might even be a benefit from doing so,
> but count me as an extreme skeptic.

I don't remember the exact details, but went I looked into the
different DVCS to find out which one we should switch to, my
impression was that people were complaining about the whole darcs
"theory of patches" being broken.  (As in "useless for a version
control system", not "buggy".)  Even in their own description there's
always a big warning that the whole dependency thing is purely
textual, which means that it's easy to get to bogus conclusions -- but
the complaints I remember went deeper than that.