[Pl-seminar] Fwd: [Boston Haskell] Thursday, September 29th, 7-9pm in the MIT CSAIL Reading Room

Aaron Turon turon at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Sep 21 01:58:48 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Edward Kmett <ekmett at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 1:13 AM
Subject: [Boston Haskell] Thursday, September 29th, 7-9pm in the MIT
CSAIL Reading Room
To: BostonHaskell <bostonhaskell at googlegroups.com>

The next Boston Haskell meeting will be Thursday, September 29th from
7pm to 9pm at our usual location, the MIT CSAIL Reading Room (32-G882,
which is a room on the 8th floor of the Gates Tower of the MIT's Stata
Center at 32 Vassar St in Cambridge, MA).

Keegan McAllister will be giving an introductory talk about why you
should care about Haskell. If you have been wondering why you should
learn Haskell, or have friends who are Haskell-curious, but have yet
to take the plunge, this would be a great talk to use to introduce
them to Haskell.

In case you already know why you should use Haskell, following
Keegan's talk, Reid Barton will be giving a talk about a category
theoretic approach to version control. The stark contrast -- if
nothing else -- should serve to highlight how deep the rabbit hole
goes. =)

There will be refreshments provided during the break and of course, if
you'd like to stick around, a number of us tend to head down to the
CBC afterwards and socialize. http://www.cambrew.com/

With the busy summer behind us, I for one would like to start hosting
these sessions more regularly. If you would like to give a talk or if
you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email the
mailing list here at bostonhaskell at googlegroups.com or contact me
personally at ekmett at gmail.com.

-Edward