[Pl-seminar] 5 March New England Programming Languages and Systems Symposium (NEPLS)

Joshua D. Guttman guttman at mitre.org
Thu Feb 26 08:49:51 EST 2009

It's a pleasure to invite you to the next New England
Programming Languages and Systems Symposium (NEPLS) meeting,

        10:00 -- 4:30
        Thursday 5 March

to be held at The MITRE Corporation.  The preliminary
schedule is below.

MITRE is located at

        202 Burlington Rd, Bedford, MA 01730

which is about a half hour drive northwest from Boston.  We
will meet in the MITRE Center ("C" building), room 2C 130.

If you can attend, please let me know:

        Your name and names of anyone coming with you

        Whether you (and they) are a US citizen

        For non-US citizens, your country of citizenship
        (I'll fill out a little form, and ask you to bring
        passport or green card)

        Any dietary constraints on lunch

Looking forward to seeing you!

        Joshua

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're located just off Route 3, one exit north of I-95.
We're basically across the street (Burlington Rd, Rt 62)
from Sun Microsystems.  It's accessible via the 351 MBTA
bus, about 45 minutes from Alewife Station.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
             New England Programming Languages
                   and Systems Symposium
                          (NEPLS)

                   Thursday, 5 March 2009

                   The MITRE Corporation
                     202 Burlington Rd
                     Bedford, MA 01730

                           2C 130

10:00 -- 11:00 Guy Steele, Sun Microsystems Laboratories

      	       The Future Is Parallel: What's a Programmer to Do?
	       Breaking Sequential Habits of Thought

11:00 -- 11:30 Break

11:30 -- 12:00 Martin Bravenboer and Yannis Smaragdakis,
      	       University of Massachusetts

	       Screaming Fast Declarative Pointer Analysis
	       (Look Ma, no BDDs!)

12:00 -- 12:20 Shriram Krishnamurthi, Brown University
      	       (jointly with Danny Yoo, Emmanuel Schanzer, Kathi Fisler)

      	       Putting Functions into Functional Programming

12:20 -- 1:30  Lunch

1:30 -- 2:00   Ryan Wisnesky and Gregory Malecha, Harvard University
      	       Certified Systems Development in Ynot

2:00 -- 2:30   Jan-Willem Maessen, Sun Microsystems Laboratories
     	       The Extraordinary Algebra of List Comprehensions

2:30 -- 3:00   Break

3:00 -- 3:30   Arjun Guha, Shriram Krishnamurthi and Trevor Jim
     	       Brown and AT&T Labs Research

	       Intrusion Detection for Ajax Applications

3:30 -- 4:00   Jean Yang and Armando Solar-Lezama (MIT)

     	       Synthesizing Robustness in Log Processing Programs

4:00 -- 4:15   Business meeting

--
	Joshua D. Guttman
	The MITRE Corporation