[Pl-seminar] TOMORROW 2009-02-23 Boston Lisp Meeting: Dimitris Vyzovitis on gerbils

Francois-Rene Rideau fare at tunes.org
Sun Feb 22 11:12:33 EST 2009

Reminder: TOMORROW

Next Boston Lisp Meeting
Monday February 23th 2009 at 1800 at MIT 34-401B
Dimitris Vyzovitis
Programming gerbils: Distributed programming with PLT-Scheme

http://fare.livejournal.com/139926.html

Dimitris Vyzovitis will give a talk about
Programming gerbils: Distributed programming with PLT-Scheme.

vyzo will talk about gerbil,
a little language for distributed programming using PLT-Scheme.
Gerbil is a macro language that provides facilities for
actor-based distributed programs and transparent network simulation.

vyzo is a PhD student at the MIT Media Lab who suffers from
a severe scheme addiction.

His website is at http://web.media.mit.edu/~vyzo/

                                       *

The Lisp Meeting will take place on Monday February 23th 2009 at 1800 (6pm)
at MIT, Room 34-401B.

As the numbers indicate, this is in Building 34, on the 4th floor.
This is the usual location, on 50 Vassar Street, Cambridge.

MIT map: http://whereis.mit.edu/bin/map?selection=34

Google map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=50+Vassar+St,+Cambridge,+MA+02139,+USA

Many thanks go to Alexey Radul for arranging for the room,
and to MIT for welcoming us.

                                      * *

Dinner: ITA Software, a fine employer of Lisp hackers
(disclaimer: I work there), is kindly purchasing a buffet
to accompany our monthly Boston Lisp meeting.
Anyone who attends is welcome to partake.
We appreciate it if you let us know you're coming,
and what food taboos you have,
so that we can order the correct amount of food.
Tell us by sending email to
boston-lisp-meeting-register at common-lisp.net.
We won't send any acknowledgement unless requested;
importantly, we'll keep your identity and address confidential
and won't communicate any such information to anyone,
not even to our sponsors.

                                     * * *

The previous Boston Lisp Meeting on January 26th had over 30 participants.
David O'Toole gave a wide-ranging overview of the hacks he uses
as an infrastructure to write Rogue-like games in Lisp.

NB: the following Boston Lisp Meeting will take place on Monday
March 30th 2009. Carl Eastlund will speak about Modularity in ACL2.

We're always looking for more speakers.
The call for speakers and all the other details are at
http://fare.livejournal.com/120393.html

For more information, see our new web site boston-lisp.org.
For posts related to the Boston Lisp meetings in general, follow this link:
http://fare.livejournal.com/tag/boston-lisp-meeting
or subscribe to our RSS feed:
http://fare.livejournal.com/data/rss?tag=boston-lisp-meeting

Please forward this information to people you think would be interested.
Please accept my apologies for your receiving this message multiple times.
My apologies if this announce gets posted to a list where it shouldn't,
or fails to get posted to a list where it should.
Feedback welcome by private email reply to fare at tunes.org.