[Pl-seminar] invited speaker for NEPLS/inviting speakers for NEPLS

Shriram Krishnamurthi shriram at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 08:23:11 EDT 2005

We are delighted to announce that Suresh Jagannathan, who has haunted
many parts of New England over the years, has agreed to speak at the
upcoming NEPLS.  That alone suffices to block the date in your agenda!
The date is

  Thursday, October 27, 2005

We solicit talks for this meeting.  To propose yourself or someone
else, send a title, list of authors, and 1-3 paragraph abstract.
(Optionally, you may provide other brief information that may help the
speaker selection committee assess the proposal.)  We particularly
invite talks by researchers from outside the area who are visiting on
the date of the NEPLS meeting.  Please send your message to

  talks at nepls.org

We will acknowledge every submission, so if you don't hear back in a
day or two, please contact Shriram Krishnamurthi directly.

Talks can vary in length.  Speakers may request slots of anywhere from
5 to 45 minutes; we encourage the shorter formats.  This variety
permits the presentation of smaller results, preliminary work,
progress reports on ongoing projects (such as language standards and
compiler toolkits), and updates to past presentations.  In general,
NEPLS talks need not sound like conference presentations.

More details about NEPLS are available on the NEPLS webpage:

  http://www.nepls.org/

Tony, Steve, Shriram