[PL-sem-jr] (Online) Meeting This Monday (March 23rd)

Artem Pelenitsyn a.pelenitsyn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 14:35:38 EDT 2020

Dear all,

The latest poll on the topics (Agda vs Cats) has been closed. By a narrow
margin, Cats won.

I propose we meet online this Monday, usual time (9:30 am) to discuss our
plans. I created the event on my (Husky) Google Calendar:

https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=Nmg0OXFrbGtzNTJoamFpM2dvZjJncHZtaHBfMjAyMDAzMjNUMTMzMDAwWiBwZWxlbml0c3luLmFAaHVza3kubmV1LmVkdQ&tmsrc=pelenitsyn.a%40husky.neu.edu&scp=ALL

And the corresponding video conferencing room:
https://meet.google.com/qxq-qawo-fiz
(Apologies to anyone who doesn't like Google.Hangouts, but it seemed to
work fine for some of us in the past. We can change it anytime if you wish.)

As I mentioned before, my favorite source is *Awodey's book* ([CiteSeerX
PDF]
<http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.211.4754&rep=rep1&type=pdf>).
On the meeting, we could discuss exercises for the first (several?)
chapters of this or any other book you'd prefer. I assume many of us have
some idea about basic concepts of Cats, so I thought we could fast-forward
at the very beginning. But we could go slower if you prefer.

--
Best regards,
Artem & Julia