[PL-sem-jr] May 17 (and this summer's plan)

Ming-Ho Yee yee.mi at husky.neu.edu
Thu May 10 14:52:08 EDT 2018

We decided to work through Software Foundations [1] this summer. We'll be
working through the core chapters of Volume 1 and Volume 2.

The idea is to read the chapters and work on the exercises on our own, and
then come to the meeting where we can discuss any interesting things or
difficulties that came up. Then we'll decide what exercises to do for the
next week, and start working on them.

Another thing we'd like to do is "paper critique sessions." This will be
similar to our practice talk tradition, except that we'll criticize
writing. So if you'd like some feedback on your writing (even if you're not
a Junior) let us know and we can look at it.

So, to start things off: read the preface, chapter 1 (basics), and chapter
2 (induction), and work on the non-optional, non-advanced exercises.

When: Thursdays at 2pm
Where: WVH 362

[1] https://softwarefoundations.cis.upenn.edu/current/index.html