[PL-sem-jr] Talk tomorrow, Mon 2/15

Daniel Brown dbrown at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Feb 15 15:38:38 EST 2010

Rebecca points out that I have dangling citations near the back—they
reference my internal library, of course. ;)

Below is a quick bibliography for the citations in the comonad
section. There's of course a bibliography for the monad stuff as well,
but I didn't bother including citations for myself since I'm more
familiar with that literature. If you want some pointers to particular
monad papers I'd be happy to supply those as well.

 Dan

[BG92] Brookes and Geva. Computational Comonads and Intensional
Semantics. Applications of Categories in Computer Science 1992.

[K99] Kieburtz. Codata and Comonads in Haskell. OGI Tech. Report 1999.

[LLMS00] Lewis, Launchbury, Meijer, and Sheilds. Implicit parameters:
dynamic scoping with static types. POPL 2000.

[N05] Nanevski. A modal calculus for exception handling.
Intuitionistic Modal Logics and Applications Workshop 2005.

[UV02] Uustalu and Vene. The dual of substitution is redecoration. TFP 2002.

[UV05a] Uustalu and Vene. Comonadic functional attribute evaluation. TFP 2005.

[UV05b] Uustalu and Vene. Signals and comonads. JUCS 2005.

[UV06] Uustalu and Vene. The essence of dataflow programming. Central
European Functional Programming School 2006.

[UV08] Uustalu and Vene. Comonadic notions of computation. CMCS 2008.