[PL-sem-jr] PL Seminar Jr, 2009

Aaron Turon turon at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Sep 14 12:11:56 EDT 2009

Welcome new students, and welcome back old: it's time to get PL Seminar Jr
running again.
For those of you who don't know, PL Seminar Jr is a student-run seminar for
the PRL (and, we hope, the Formal Methods lab as well).  The purpose of the
seminar is to allow students to give in-depth presentations in a relaxed
setting.  Presentations tends to be long and highly interactive, and cover
both classic papers and recently-published research.

We especially want the seminar to be useful to junior students, i.e. those
in their first 2-3 years of study.  If you fall into this category, I
strongly urge you to participate, both as a presenter and as an audience
member.  In previous years, the seminar has drifted to more esoteric
material.  This year, with a large group of new students, we want to
recalibrate and make sure we are serving needs appropriately.

More on the goals and culture of PL Jr can be found
here<http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/turon/pljr.html>
.

We'll hold a planning meeting, either Tues the 15th, or Wed the 16th.
 Please send me <turon at ccs.neu.edu> the times on these two days you would be
*unavailable* for a meeting, and I will send mail with the scheduled time.

For those of you I am emailing directly (and are not on the pl-sem-jr list),
please subscribe <https://lists.ccs.neu.edu/bin/listinfo/pl-sem-jr>.