[PL-sem-jr] schedule of presentations

Dale Vaillancourt dalev at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Oct 8 12:40:17 EDT 2003

As anybody who knows me can tell you, I am more or less unaffected by
shame and guilt... but the Bronx cheers might make me cry, so I volunteer
for the 24th.

My plan is to present a categorical model of the simply typed lambda
calulus and touch on some of the pros and cons of interpreting the
language in a category versus interpreting it in complete partial orders.
I intend the talk to be accessible to those who haven't studied category
theory at all, and I will devote some time to studying the basic
structures that we'll use to build the model.

-Dale