[PL-sem-jr] schedule of presentations

Richard C. Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Oct 7 18:59:01 EDT 2003

Evening, all.

So, we've got presentations scheduled for PL Jr. for the next two weeks:
Dave will finish up his introduction to denotational semantics on
Friday, and next week, Felix will present an introduction to effect
systems.

I'd like to try to keep a schedule for at least 2-3 weeks in advance.
So, do we have any volunteers for presentations for the following weeks?

Failing that, do we have any suggestions for topics that we'd like to
cover?  Feel free to suggest a topic that you know nothing about.
It's entirely possible that someone else will be interested and be
willing to prepare a presentation on that.

Also, textbooks are fair game: some folks were thinking about going
through some chapters of Pierce, which sounds like a good idea to me.

I know that several of you have gone through this text in classes
before; not all of us have had the opportunity.  I don't want to bore
everyone, obviously, but I also don't think we should avoid a topic just
because a few of us already feel confident about it.  If we end up doing
a presentation on something you already know, then think of it as an
opportunity to help teach the rest of us.

Richard