[Linux-users] Solaris /arch/ paths, .xsession questions

Jeremy J. Olson linux-users at lists.ccs.neu.edu
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:17:55 -0500 (EST)

Are you planning to mirror the paths the Solaris machines use on the Linux
boxes? (/arch/unix/bin, /arch/gnu/bin, etc.) I have numerous scripts that
expect Perl and Bash to be in these places, and I can't keep two copies of all
the scripts to deal with "normal" paths and the Solaris ones.

If you're keeping everything in /usr/local, you might just want to create some
symlinks matching the Solaris paths that all point to /usr/local.

I also noticed that the machines are loading up Gnome without paying attention
to my .xsession file. I would have expected them to spit out errors and log
something to my x logfile because the .xsession tries to load up Blackbox, but
it didn't even do that, so I assume it's not reading the file at all.

Jeremy J. Olson <jraxis@ccs.neu.edu>