[Larceny-users] Larceny-users Digest, Vol 70, Issue 1

kend Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Aug 5 00:24:49 EDT 2017

On Fri, 4 Aug 2017 11:35:18 -0400 (EDT)
William D Clinger <will at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> Thank you for testing the release candidate.

Hey, thanks much for Larceny!!

> I apologize for being so slow to respond.  I've been on vacation and away
> from the Internet for a week.

Sounds like a _real_ vacation!  Great.

> I am unable to reproduce this problem.

Turns out I had set LARCENY_ROOT et all in my ".bashrc".

Long ago and forgotten.

The setting of LARCENY_LIBPATH also affected builds.

I updated Crosstalk to check for equivalent-alist? which allowed the three failed test cases to pass.  Thanks for the report on this.

It took me while to discover why my updated test library failed to load.  The only diagnostic I got was the "failed to load library" message.

I was testing code which worked fin in R7 but used #true and #false, which caused R6 to choke.  Took me a long time to see this.

So the good news is that aside from some of my sillyness, a bunch of R6+7 code passes the test cases.

Thanks again for all,
-KenD

--
-KenD