[Larceny-users] Larceny-users Digest, Vol 70, Issue 1

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Fri Aug 4 11:35:18 EDT 2017

Thank you for testing the release candidate.

I apologize for being so slow to respond.  I've been on vacation and away
from the Internet for a week.

"KenD" <ken.dickey at whidbey.com> wrote:

> There appears to be a difference in R6 environments running in -r7rs mode
> between the x86 and ARM runtimes.
>
> My daily machine in an ARM Chromebook where test cases all pass, but I get
> a test failure on both the x86 release candidate and, when I checked, the
> x86 release as well.
>
> Setup and run trace and details attached.

I am unable to reproduce this problem.  After cloning your Crosstalk
repository and changing the "/home/kend/" in sis.scm to "/tmp/", all
tests passed with v0.99 (as shown in the attached temp1.txt).  With
the nightly build available this morning, which should be equivalent
to the nightly build you used because none of the source code changed
while I was away, the tests are run in reverse order and there are
three test failures (as shown in the attached temp2.txt), but I did
not get the "undefined global variable: make-error-string-predicate"
error you got.

>From your second message:

> I took a quick run at building arm7 Larceny from a github clone.
>
> The image runs fine as "larceny" but with either the -r7rs or -r7r6
> command line flags exhibits a problem:

Looks like you forgot to build the R7RS runtime as described in
http://www.cesura17.net/~larcenists/Nightly/doc/user-manual-alt.html#CompilingStdLibSection

I'll see if there's an easy way to generate an error message when
that happens.

Will