[Larceny-users] building git version for flat1 (latin1)

Sven Hartrumpf hartrumpf at gmx.net
Mon Jan 11 11:09:53 EST 2016

Hi.

Good to see that larceny is taking the R7RS road. Thanks!

For older projects, I still need Latin-1, so I decided to build
the git version using the flat1 option.
I followed the file doc/HOWTO-BUILD and used Larceny 0.98 as the
host system. Steps 1 and 2 went smoothly.
For step 3, there was no ./larceny.bin in the top-level git directory,
but only in src/Rts/.
I used:
> cd src/Rts/
> ./larceny.bin -stopcopy -- src/Build/iasn-larceny-heap.fasl

Is this correct?

Furthermore, there is no file larceny for the next steps.
Should I copy the one from 0.98 ?

At what step should I change the environment variable LARCENY_ROOT
from pointing to Larceny 0.98 to the build git version?

Thanks for your time.
Sven