[Larceny-users] r6rs and err5rs libraries in custom location (larceny-5896)

Marco Maggi marco.maggi-ipsu at poste.it
Sun Jan 11 02:24:57 EST 2009

On my i686-pc-linux-gnu I am trying to generate
a Slackware package.  For this, after building
everything as usual, I install the files from
the top source directory of Larceny 5896 under:

/usr/local/libexec/larceny/0.98

and the libraries under:

/usr/local/lib/larceny/0.98

(let's not care about the version number now).
The main executable is wrapped in a script:

/usr/local/bin/larceny

with contents:

#!/bin/bash
#
# Launcher for Larceny Scheme.

DIR=${0%/*}
LIBDIR=${DIR}/../lib/larceny/0.98
LIBEXECDIR=${DIR}/../libexec/larceny/0.98
export LARCENY_ROOT=${LIBEXECDIR}
export LARCENY_LIBPATH=${LIBDIR}:${LARCENY_LIBPATH}

exec "${LIBEXECDIR}/larceny" "$@"

### end of file

Now just running:

$ larceny

enters R5RS mode and I can evaluate forms.
But running:

$ larceny -err5rs

immediately prints:

Error: Could not locate library: r6rsmode

and enters the debugger.  The same happens
when I try to run an R6RS program.  If I put
the whole traditional installation under
"/opt/larceny/last" and set the PATH correctly
I can run the ERR5RS REPL as usual.

Trying:

/usr/local/libexec/larceny/0.98/larceny \
-path /usr/local/lib/larceny/0.98 -err5rs

I get the same error about "r6rsmode"
missing.  But I can see the library in:

/usr/local/lib/larceny/0.98/lib/R6RS/r6rsmode.sch

and the FASL file is there, too.

?

TIA
--
Marco Maggi

"Now feel the funk blast!"
Rage Against the Machine - "Calm like a bomb"