[Larceny-users] srfi-19 testing and larceny-5889 errors

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Jan 8 03:04:47 EST 2009

Marco Maggi wrote a test program...
> which shows errors when loading (srfi :19)
> from Larceny into Larceny-5889.

I have fixed a few bugs in Larceny's implementation of
(srfi :19 time).  Most of these	were bugs in the reference
implementation.	 (It is	unclear	to me whether the nanosecond
argument to make-time should be	allowed	to be greater than
or equal to 10^9.  The reference implementation	sometimes
assumed	that argument was strictly less	than 10^9, but
also contained at least	one line of code that tried to
compensate if the nanosecond field of a	time was a trifle
larger than 10^9.)

As noted in a FIXME comment, something is wrong	with the
SRFI 19 specifications of ~U, ~V, and ~W as well as ~x.
I have assumed that the	reference implementation of ~U
and ~W is correct, which means that the	specification
of ~U is correct (but is slightly different from Marco's
interpretation) and the	specification of ~W is correct
except for the stated range of results.

I don't	know what to do	about ~V, whose	specification
and reference implementation both appear to be incorrect.
I just left its	implementation alone.

Will