[Larceny-users] Fwd: Bootstrapping...

Lynn Winebarger owinebar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 07:30:24 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Felix Klock <felixluser at pnkfx.org> wrote:
> On Apr 21, 2009, at 7:41 AM, Lynn Winebarger wrote:
> The memory issues building Petit Larceny seem to have been fixed in the gcc
> code base, so copying the note that we had in HOWTO-MACOSX would be
> documenting a fixed bug in gcc.
>
> I am not aware of any current problems building Larceny atop gcc 4+.  (At
> least, I no longer need to gcc_select version 3 to build Petit Larceny on
> the powerpc mac auto builds...)
>
> Therefore I do not think such a note belongs in the current "how to build"
> document for Larceny.

Actually, I owe the larceny developers an apology, this note (about
gcc 3.3 being known to work, 4.0 having possible problems) actually is
in the larceny "README-FIRST" document.
It's probably actually the reason I started wondering if that was the
problem with PLT as well.

Thanks for the great work,
Lynn