[Larceny-users] Bootstrapping...

Marco Maggi marco.maggi-ipsu at poste.it
Tue Apr 21 06:12:35 EDT 2009

"David Rush" wrote:
> I am of course referring the bootstrapping of
> Larceny in the cases where there is any kind
> of a library mismatch from the supported
> distributions.

I am not sure to understand correctly... You
used to rely on a PLT installation to build
Larceny from its sources, and now this is a
problem because PLT itself does not build
correctly?

So something is preventing you from trying
to boot Larceny using a Larceny binary
distribution? If this is the case, maybe the
problem to solve is why Larceny-binary does
not run on your system?

I can successfully build Larceny on the
latest Slackware on my x86 netbook using the
prebuilt distribution from:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/will/Larceny/download.html

can you? If not why?

HTH