[Larceny-users] Bootstrapping...

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 04:55:45 EDT 2009

Hi y'all -

What was once merely an annoying invocation has grown to become a
difficult-to-perform ritual. I am of course referring the the
bootstrapping of Larceny in the cases where there is any kind of a
library mismatch from the supported distributions. Specifically, not
only is Larceny difficult to bootstrap (yes, the directions are clear
and explicit, but it is rather more complex than a  "configure;
make"), but PLT has it's own long chain of dependencies as well.
Effectively I am now unable to move my installation (on a fresh
install of Debian Etch for x86-32) forward because, for some reason,
PLT's install is crapping out and saying that cpp "fails sanity
check".

Whatever. PLT's build problems are not Larceny's - but they are
indirectly since Larceny needs a host Scheme to bootstrap. What are
the chances of getting another easy-to-bootstrap (e.g. Gambit or
Chicken) Scheme added to the bootstrap list?

Given that I use Larceny on unfunded secret weapons project of mine,
this is a big problem.

david
--
GPG Public key at http://cyber-rush.org/drr/gpg-public-key.txt