[Larceny-users] finding libraries

Marco Maggi marco.maggi-ipsu at poste.it
Mon Dec 8 15:59:16 EST 2008

I am trying to see if I can run my extensions
with Larceny, too, in addition to Ikarus and
Ypsilon.  I try this by running the test suites
from a Makefile on a Unix like system.

The first problem I am having is that there is
no simple way to augment Larceny's libraries
search path.  The give-me-once "-path" switch
forces me to think how to do it (so it is not
user friendly), while an environment variable
would be perfect (and akin to other Schemes).

Of course I can write a shell script that
makes use of an environment variable to build
the "-path" argument, but... make it simple!

The second problem is that Larceny neither
supports loading a library for "(uriel lang)"
from the file:

<dir-in-path>/uriel/lang/main.sls

nor loading "(uriel lang compat)" from:

<dir-in-path>/uriel/lang/compat.larceny.sls

at least I have found nothing for this in the
documentation. Other implementation do this,
what do you think?
--
Marco Maggi

"Now feel the funk blast!"
Rage Against the Machine - "Calm like a bomb"