[Larceny-users] Larceny basics

Felix felixluser at pnkfx.org
Sat Sep 1 14:07:41 EDT 2007

On Sep 1, 2007, at 1:06 PM, Dan Muresan wrote:

>> Right.  My attempt to implement such a strategy is described on
>> the ExtendingRequire wiki page.  I came very close to getting it
>> working, but in the end I gave up because of cases like this:
>> (define-syntax foo
>>   (syntax-rules ()
>>     ((_) (require-at-expansion-time 'foo))))
>
> I can't find read-file, so here's a simpler experiment based on
> your macro-expand approach:

The experiments you list all extend the run-time syntactic
environment, not the compile-time environment.  This means that they
would have the same problem as the one I described with my srfi-8
example.

Maybe I misread your message where you described Chicken's require-
for-syntax.  Does Chicken's require-for-syntax extend the syntactic
environment at run-time, or at compile-time?

I cannot find a description of require-for-syntax in Chicken's
documentation, but I admit I am not trying very hard to do so.

-Felix