[Larceny-users] Build Larceny I32 from SVN on Linux

Felix felixluser at pnkfx.org
Fri Oct 12 17:00:51 EDT 2007

On Oct 12, 2007, at 4:48 PM, Ray Racine wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 16:23 -0400, Ray Racine wrote:
>
>> (build-runtime) failed as the generated Makefile in Rts fails to
>> mention
>> Sys/seqbuf.$(O) anywhere.
>
> Hmmm...  my current clean/builds are working fine without any
> problems.
>
> False alarm.

Strictly speaking, I do not think it was a false alarm.  If you make
changes to make-templates.sch and do not delete the generated
Makefile, I am not sure the build system is smart enough to
regenerate the Makefile to incorporate the changes from make-
templates.sch.

Again, I believe the reason that we do not unconditionally regenerate
the Makefile is to avoid clobbering local changes developers might
have made to the Makefile.

-Felix