[Larceny-users] Ikarus Benchmarks

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Nov 28 14:13:18 EST 2007

> I see that Ikarus 0.0.1 was added to the systems benchmarked, as
> reported on:
>
> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/will/Twobit/benchmarksFakeR6Linux.html
>
> Great!

Yes.  I did this in response to a nudge from Aziz on 8 November.

> There is a note on this page stating:  "Note that Ikarus ... was
> unable to run almost half of these benchmarks."
>
> All of the benchmarks seem to run just fine in the latest version of
> Ikarus, available here:
>
> https://launchpad.net/ikarus/+milestone/0.0.2
>
> Did you try the R6RS versions of the benchmarks included in this
> distribution?

Not yet.  As noted on our benchmarks page, the benchmark results
for Ikarus are for version 0.0.1.  I believe that was the version
that was current when Aziz suggested I add timings for Ikarus.

> Sorry to make an issue out of Ikarus on the Larceny mailing list.
> I've been using both, to play around with and learn R6RS Scheme.
> I've been porting the mzscheme verisons of the Shootout benchmarks on
> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/ to R6RS, both to learn more about
> the differences between mzscheme and R6RS Scheme and to get a feel
> for the coverage of R6RS.   For the benchmarks I've tried so far, it
> has been possible to code them entierly in R6RS Scheme, which seems
> encouraging.

Yes, that's great.  Were you able to get these benchmarks
to run without modification in both Ikarus and Larceny?

Will