[Larceny-users] Ikarus Benchmarks

Tom Gordon tom.gordon at mac.com
Tue Nov 27 14:54:46 EST 2007

I see that Ikarus 0.0.1 was added to the systems benchmarked, as
reported on:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/will/Twobit/benchmarksFakeR6Linux.html

Great!

There is a note on this page stating:  "Note that Ikarus ... was
unable to run almost half of these benchmarks."

All of the benchmarks seem to run just fine in the latest version of
Ikarus, available here:

https://launchpad.net/ikarus/+milestone/0.0.2

Did you try the R6RS versions of the benchmarks included in this
distribution?

Sorry to make an issue out of Ikarus on the Larceny mailing list.
I've been using both, to play around with and learn R6RS Scheme.
I've been porting the mzscheme verisons of the Shootout benchmarks on
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/ to R6RS, both to learn more about
the differences between mzscheme and R6RS Scheme and to get a feel
for the coverage of R6RS.   For the benchmarks I've tried so far, it
has been possible to code them entierly in R6RS Scheme, which seems
encouraging.

-Tom Gordon