[Larceny-users] I'm fairly sure that I'm going to hate the answer to this question

Felix Klock felixluser at pnkfx.org
Sat Jul 21 19:42:55 EDT 2007

David (and other larceny-users)-

Hope you don't mind that I put the users list back in the CC field to
include it in the discussion. . .

The one Windows FFI gotcha that comes to my mind is that there are
two different calling conventions for Windows libraries; the C
calling convention (which is chosen via the 'cdecl flag in the FFI)
and the Pascal calling convention (which is chosen via the 'stdcall
flag in the FFI).

This is not documented well (if at all), in part because it is a very
recent addition to the FFI.  You can look at lib/Standard/file-
system.sch for example invocations of the foreign-procedure function
that use the 'stdcall flag to hook into Windows API functions that
were declared with stdcall in the C code.

-Felix