[Larceny-users] sockets on linux 2.4

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 09:24:25 EST 2007

On Dec 31, 2007 1:56 PM, David Rush <kumoyuki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello again -
>
> It looks like the socket code is broken on linux 2.4 series kernels
> because WCONTINUED and and WNOWAIT were unsupported before the 2.5 kernel
> series. I am looking into patching it, but I thought I should post in case
> this turns out to be a show-stopper.

The difficulty lies in the define-c-info for constants from wait.h. I
commented them out of lib/Experimental/unix.sch and everything seems fine
(well I can load the socket code). There appear to be no direct references
to the constants within the Larceny source tree, so I am assuming that I am
fairly safe with this patch.

That said, I realize that there is a POSIX compatibility issue here, so I'm
not entirely clear whether anything should be done about it in the main-line
development.

Ray, do you reckon your work is anywhere close to being something that could
be turned a sockets SRFI? Bog knows we ought to have one by now.

david rush
--
Once you label me, you negate me
   - Soren Kierkegaard