[Cs5500] Karan Bhat is new manager starting tomorrow

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Nov 16 10:48:36 EST 2011

Karan Bhat is the new manager starting tomorrow. I would like to thank
Sandeep for
playing the role for several weeks. During his tenure, the project has
taken unexpected turns thanks to the interaction with users. Several
subprojects have been started to consolidate
our software that is going to be the home of thousands of avatars.

Sandeep has assumed responsibility for the very useful code generation
project described below.
I wish him success with the analysis/design/implementation of this project.

Please let the information flow to Karan and me so that we can
effectively coordinate
all the activities.

-- Karl
=========

Our undergraduates have written JUnit tests with great effort
for the functions of the avatar. This code is repetitive from
playground to playground.

We need to generate this code for them because we want to make it
very easy for Avatar Designers to test their avatars and the
playground designers to test their baby avatars.

Input:
Playground design
playground.cd
playground.beh
config

Output:
An executable Java program that runs JUnit tests
for the 4 avatar methods of the baby avatar.

The playground designer can use the tests to debug the baby avatar.

-- Karl

public SolutionI solve(SolveRequest solveRequest);
solve tested by
InstanceI SolveRequest.getInstance()
Instance.valid(SolutionI solution, Config config)

public List<Claim> propose(List<Claim> forbiddenClaims);
propose tested by
InstanceSetI.valid(Config config)
InstanceSetI Claim getInstanceSet()

public InstanceI provide(Claim claimToBeProvided);
provide tested by
InstanceSetI.belongsTo(InstanceI instance)

public List<OpposeAction> oppose(List<Claim> claimsToBeOpposed);
oppose tested by
This method will be tested by a tournament.
Make sure that the outgoing list has the same length
as the incoming list.

AvatarI{{
public List<Claim> propose(List<Claim> forbiddenClaims);
public List<OpposeAction> oppose(List<Claim> claimsToBeOpposed);
public InstanceI provide(Claim claimToBeProvided);
public SolutionI solve(SolveRequest solveRequest);
}}