[Cs5500] Counting tournament

Madhuvanthi Balasubramanian balasubramanian.m at husky.neu.edu
Tue Nov 15 08:54:40 EST 2011

Professor,

Again, the jar files did not move around. Since I had cleaned up the bin
directory, they were required to build the application, that would have
filled the bin directory. They could then have run the application as usual.
We had always sent them the bin directory too, but since David/Dennis felt
their clean up was not going through properly, I asked them to build it
themselves. I thought it would help them.
In our defense, this version was released early Saturday. Why did they have
to wait until late Monday to download this version and then start
complaining?
I mentioned specifically in my email for Saturday's release that the bin
directory was empty and they had to build it. Even if they had missed the
mail, any java developer would check the bin directory before running the
application. No one can run an application without executables.
We kept receiving mails last night saying they were being graded based on
"sub-standard application that the grads did not have time to complete". I
think it is worth mentioning that each one of us has been sweating it out
to perfect this application and help the undergrads. Several nights and
weekends have been spent trying to get this ready,sometimes even at the
expense of other courses we have taken.
While we understand their agony, we would expect them also to understand
and appreciate the work we do for them.

--
 Thanks
- Madhu