[Cs5500] Internet Ready

karan ramprakash Bhat karan at ccs.neu.edu
Sat Oct 29 10:30:57 EDT 2011

Hello Professor,

Yes, the avatars can be anywhere on the web and don't have to live on the intranet (a college machine). We tested this by Running an MMG competition consisting of one tournament. The tournament Admin residing on our college server (tvtennis.ccis.neu.edu) was run and Madhu and I, both working from our home internet networks(comcast) ran our baby avatars for the MMG tournament by making a SSH connection to the admin. The tournament ran to completion without any errors.

Please find attached the Screen Shot of the Results and the History files of the game if required.

STEPS:

Step1: put the Genericscg file on any college server e.g tvtennis.ccis.neu.edu

Step2: Run the admin on the college server from the command prompt i.e  >> bin$ java -cp .:demeterf.<hamcrest> acg/admin/Admin <password>

Step3: Now that the Admin is running on the server, schedule an MMG tournament and enroll players

Step4: The Players now register their avatars "which are copied onto any ccis server" and give execute from ssh cmd prompt

Professor please let me know if step4 is what we mean by running the avatars from any network.

Thanks,
Karan Bhat