[Cs5500] Fwd: CS4800 HW6 IP Comm Protocol / Ashish

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Oct 27 21:25:16 EDT 2011

Here we have an interesting issue: some of our users (who are very talented)
hate Java and
they consider throwing your baby avatar out the window and implement
everything from scratch
in their favorite programming language.

Please describe for Matthew what would be involved in writing his avatar
from scratch, say in Python or Racket.
Note that the communication between avatars through the admin is all text
based which makes it possible to
write the avatar in any programming language.

What would be best to have is an SCG Avatar Interface which describes what
an "avatar-from-scratch" programmer needs to know.

I assign this subproject to Ashish.

-- Karl