[Cs5500] Proposals

karan at ccs.neu.edu karan at ccs.neu.edu
Fri Oct 14 15:26:03 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

Now that we have identified the mmg playground's limitations that every avatar is required to propose a new claim. This limitation is highlighted because we are using the
current config file which says 9 rounds and max 5 proposals by each avatar i.e. 9*5 = 45 new claims by each team's avatar. so with the current precision of 2 the tournament allows
only 100 values between 0 and 1 only two teams will be able to play the game.

There are two ways to solve this issue either increase the precision to three, this gives us 1000 values to propose or change the config file to max 2 proposals and number of rounds as 2. i.e. 4 proposals by each avatar.

Since the scalability is the question and we dont know how many players will be playing the game the first approach seems to be a better one. We are currently changing our mmg teacher avatar to follow three precision.

Also, we will have to come up with a better algorithm to propose these claims.... open to ideas.

Thanks..
karan and madhu
ccis 4th floor.