[Cs5500] CS5500 - Rule for Agreement

Yue Liu liuyue.ly at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 13:40:45 EDT 2011

Hi Professor Lieberherr,

The process of negating an SCG claim/protocol is switching the two roles in
protocol steps. If the original claim C which proposed by Alice requests
the claimee Bob to provide an instance first, claimer Alice will provide the
solution in the second step. So the negated claim !C will ask the claimer to
provide an instance first, then ask the claimee to provide a solution for
that instance. In other words, a negated claim means the protocol in that
claim is negated.

For example:
Alice made a claim AC: For all instances in the instance set exist a
solution such that a predicate holds.
If Bob refuted AC, he needed to provide a instance and Alice will provide a
solution.

Alice made the negated claim !AC: Exist an instance in the instance set for
all solutions such that a predicate holds.
If Bob refuted !AC, Alice should provide an instance and Bob will provide a
solution.

Best Regards,
Yue