[Cs5500] Issue tracking for the project on google code

Reto Kleeb kleeb.r at husky.neu.edu
Mon Mar 28 22:29:55 EDT 2011

Hey,

I went trough the options that are available for free issue tracking
solutions and decided to pick googles solution. Mainly because issue
tracking systems typically use some form of user authentication, and
we'll, the account that people most likely would already have is a
google account (whether this monoculture is a good thing or not, is
another story...).

The issues can be tracked and created here: [1]

It is important to know that the tracker cannot only be used to bugs,
but also for feature requests. Go ahead and give it a try!

Over the next couple days we're hoping to centralize all desired changes
and tasks via traceable entries on the tracker, we are for example going
to assign bugs for failed tests, or feature requests for missing tests.

Please do not use the svn repo of the google project. To keep things as
smooth as possible we'll stick with assembla for the code hosting.

If you send me (*me*, not to the mailing list please) your gmail
address, I can add you to the list of project owners so that you can
easily change settings if desired/required.

Question: Why didn't we choose Google Code for SVN hosting in the first
place?

Answer: Fair question, for some (frankly hard to explain) reason we
thought of assembla first, it is however good to know that google only
provides free hosting services for open source projects whereas assembla
has no licensing restrictions.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/scg-arena/issues/

Best

Reto (PRX)