[Cs5500] Regarding Strengthening

Paarth Chothani chothani.p at husky.neu.edu
Sun Mar 27 14:49:17 EDT 2011

Hello,

I had a doubt regarding the computation of reputation.
The formula for calculating reputation in strengthening claim,
When bob wins ,

Bob  + ClaimConfidence + |quality(C)-quality(C')|

What quality refer to in the above formula?

Whether it refers to the quality in the claim(i.e the price in case of
csp) or the actual quality of the solutions provided for those claims.

Secondly,

How do we confirm before sending the strengthened claim to the
opponent that the strengthening is valid or not?

For example :

Alice claims (22,0.7)

Bob strengthens it (22,0.6)

How do we confirm whether Bob has fairly strengthened it or not? That
is Bob could always strengthen any claim he gets.

--

Sincerely,
Paarth Chothani

Northeastern University.