[Cs4800] MMG Confusion

Alex Metzger asm at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Dec 1 22:51:07 EST 2011

Hello,
During the last MMG tournament something strange happened. I accidentally chose the same port as my other avatar on the same machine, and that caused an exception. Upon reconnecting, everything seemed fine. Looking through the smart histories, I'm seeing a lot of instances of raw history files like the one reproduced below:

request propose  oppose  protocolRequest
reply  {{  is kicked out by admin
Reason: Not belongs to current game domain }}
teamName  {{ asm }}
reputation 98.0

 {{ asm }}  98.0
 {{ TheSandMan }}  102.0
I didn't see any of the feedback my avatar normally gives when it receives request on the screen, which leads me to believe something went wrong at the sockets layer or the admin kept track of the clients in a way that either kept bad data for me or ignored me completely. There are also instances of my avatar timing out, but that I'd be willing to plead guilty to. What does "Not belongs to current game domain" mean exactly?

Best,
Alex Metzger
asm at ccs.neu.edu