[Cs4800] Tips for running local tournaments

Dennis Zografos dzog at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Nov 3 17:59:52 EDT 2011

Some tips for getting local SCG tournaments up and running, from my experiences:

* You might need to install a copy of javacc (in all major repos, including MacPorts)

* At the "Generate Java files using Demeterf" step, <outputfolder> should be set to `/GenericSCG/gen'

* The `PlayerMainHSR' class (as referenced in Step 3) does not exist; use `PlayerMainBabyHSR' instead. (`PlayerMainBabyHSR' is no way specific to the Baby avatar; this is just a naming thing)

* This will be obvious to most, but, the documentation lists a constant "8020" for your avatar port (note: this is a listening/"server" socket, NOT a connect/"client" socket); if you are running multiple avatars locally, you will have to assign different ports to each of them

--Dennis

(note: information herein not authorized by course staff)

(note2: I may conduct a tournament tonight if the official warm-up fails to materialize; details perhaps forthcoming)