[Cs4800] Fwd: Questions

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Nov 1 12:07:57 EDT 2011

Hi Matt:

You are encouraged to make improvements.

For Wednesday you just do the clean algorithms and later you can optimize.

I just had an interesting discussion with Greg: what happens if your avatar
gets
close to running out of time during a round and it still has to process 3
solve requests?
You could switch to a faster approximation algorithm that produces a
solution
close to the optimum and that can be only minimally strengthened.

-- Karl