[Cs4800] Midterm -- a calm critique

Timothy Klopotoski skinitimski at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 14:07:50 EST 2010

Though I disagree with the aggressive stance taken by most of my classmates,
I do agree that the test was unfair, at least due to time constraints. I
don't think I could have physically written complete, coherent answers to
all five questions in the allotted time even if I had known the questions
beforehand; I had been writing furiously (quickly) simply because I had
arrived late and wanted to catch up, and I didn't even come close to writing
down all I think that I could have had I been given more time to do so. I
agree that an hour is not long enough to have been able to formulate answers
to all 5 questions and write them down. I didn't notice anyone in the class
handing in the exam before 10:20 (I may have missed someone--I admit I was
paying more attention to my exam). I hope that, at the very least, you take
this into consideration when grading the exam as it stands.

I was much more worked up about the exam right after I took it; I am glad I
took a couple of days to cool off before writing this email.