[Colloq] Visitor Talk: Warren Hunt Jr., University of Texas at Austin on Monday May 21st at 12:00pm 366 WVH

Nicole Bekerian nicoleb at ccs.neu.edu
Fri May 18 09:10:43 EDT 2012

The College of Computer and Information Science presents:

Title:  Using a Theorem Prover to Build CAD Tools
Speaker: Warren Hunt Jr., University of Texas at Austin
Date/Time: Monday May 21st at Noon
Location: 366 WVH

Abstract:
We discuss the use of the ACL2 theorem-proving system to specify and verify components of the VIA Isaiah, X86-compatible microprocessor.  We describe how we have integrated a theorem prover into the design flow of a commercial microprocessor.  We describe our process for reading and analyzing models of the Nano design.  We provide examples of the use of our tools, and mention the impact how our efforts have on Centaur's design process.

Joint work with Jared Davis, Anna Slobodova, and Sol Swords
Host: Pete Manolios

--

Best,
Nicole

Nicole Bekerian
Administrative Assistant

Northeastern University
College of Computer and Information Science
360 Huntington Ave.
202 West Village H
Boston, MA 02115

Phone: 617.373.2462