[Colloq] "Design of Large-Scale Low-Power Wireless Sensor Networks" Friday July 22nd at 10:00 am

Nicole Bekerian nicoleb at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Jul 18 09:40:52 EDT 2011

The College of Computer and Information Science Presents:

Title:  "Design of Large-Scale Low-Power Wireless Sensor Networks"

Time: Friday 7/22 at 10:00am
Location: 366 WVH
Speaker: Omprakash Gnawali

Abstract:

In this talk, I will describe the design and implementation of a
200-node wireless sensor network deployed at Stanford University. This
network continuously monitors energy use in the computer science
building at the granularity of one power outlet. I will describe the
key mechanisms of the Collection Tree Protocol (CTP) that make this
network robust, reliable, and efficient. In addition to this one-year
deployment, CTP has been extensively tested on 13 testbeds consisting
of seven different hardware platforms and used in many other
deployments. This work has also helped identify areas for future
research in wireless networks for cyber-physical systems. I will
conclude with those thoughts.

Speaker bio:

Omprakash Gnawali is a postdoctoral scholar in computer science at
Stanford University. He received his Ph.D. from the University of
Southern California and Masters and Bachelors degrees from the
Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Om designs and builds networked
systems at the intersection of mobile, wireless, and cyber-physical
systems.

Host: Guevara Noubir

--

Nicole Bekerian
Administrative Assistant

Northeastern University
College of Computer and Information Science
360 Huntington Ave.
202 West Village H
Boston, MA 02115

Phone: 617.373.2462