[scponly] Further // usage confusion ... possible bug ?

Kaleb Pederson kpederson at mail.ewu.edu
Thu Mar 30 12:52:00 EST 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 9:37 am, Ensel Sharon wrote:
> Are you saying that if I do update my chroot passwd file, that I should be
> able to scp without specifying the trailing username directory, even
> though the chroot starts one level below that ?

Yes (I think).  If the user's home directory as specified by the passwd file
*within* the chroot is correct relative to the chroot, then a user shouldn't
have any problem scping directly to their home directory.

I have a cron script that runs nightly on my box that goes through and
regenerates the $chroot/etc/passwd file so that it's always accurate on my
box.

--Kaleb