[scponly] Re: Patch: passwd compatibility in chroots

Ensel Sharon user at dhp.com
Fri Mar 10 00:47:50 EST 2006

Hello,

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Kaleb Pederson wrote:

> The attached patch (against CVS HEAD) does the following when
> --enable-chrooted-passwd-compat is enabled:

I am running FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE, and this does not seem to work.  The
patch applies cleanly - no problems there.  However, when I configure
with:

./configure --enable-winscp-compat --enable-unison-compat
--enable-scp-compat --enable-rsync-compat --enable-chrooted-binary
--enable-gftp-compat --enable-chrooted-passwd-compat
--enable-passwd-compat

I see this scroll by:

configure: enabling unison compatability...
checking for unison... /usr/local/bin/unison
configure: enabling rsync compatability...
checking for rsync... /usr/local/bin/rsync
configure: enabling passwd compatability...
checking for passwd... /usr/bin/passwd
configure: enabling SFTP compatability...
checking for sftp-server... (cached) /usr/libexec/sftp-server
test: xyes: unexpected operator
test: xyes: unexpected operator
test: xyes: unexpected operator
test: xyes: unexpected operator

and I never see anything related to chrooted-passwd-compat.  Further, my
debug output , after making and installing with your patch, does not
reflect the existence of your functionality.  It fails as it did before,
and the debug output looks the same as before.

Do you have any thoughts ?  What platform are you on ?

Thanks a lot for your help.