[scponly] optreset variable is not provided by standard glibc

wby oblyr joe at sublimation.org
Mon Dec 26 17:18:06 EST 2005

Well, changing the function declaration does not "fix" the issue, it removes the optreset variable linkage.  I
think this misrepresents the issue as being "fixed" when really, it is disabled.

If you want to disable the optreset, just remove the line where it is assigned the value of 1.

What optreset does is reinitialize the getopt system so that all the global variables (optind, optopt, optarg,
etcetera) get reset to process another argument vector.  Can someone on one of these systems check the getopt
manpage and determine if there is some other way to reinitailize the getopt external variables, or if this is even
neccesary?

Thanks guys, 4.3 is coming soon with fixes for issues like this.

joe