[scponly] not chrooting from script

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Mon Dec 19 04:14:30 EST 2005

On Sunday, 2005-12-18 at 16:31:55 +0100, Lars Hermerschmidt wrote:
> Lupe Christoph schrieb:
> > On Friday, 2005-12-16 at 09:02:33 +0100, Lars Hermerschmidt wrote:

> > The bug is that scponlyc is a very peculiar kind of shell. One that does
> > not work like a shell, but only like a login shell.
> So its not written for things i'm using it for?

It sound like you want to use it for something interactive. While the
name scpONLY isn't really true (it supports quite a few more things
now), it was explicitly written to *prevent* interactive logins.

> >>When i use scponly directly as login shell and do a ssh login i got no
> >>real sensful information. Wouldn't it be nice to give the admin a chance
> >>to put a menu there like i did?

> > Actually, no. What would scp, sftp, rsync et al do with your menu?
> Nothing, the menu is only presented if the user logs in without the -c
> parameter. If someone uses scp for example scponly is called like this:
> scponly -c scp -k /dir/where/file/goes/to
> So they woulned interfere.

Except that scponly filters out all but a few known commands.

You better start looking for something else, scponly is just the
opposite of what you require.

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear     |
| weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest   |