[scponly] Initial Directory

Daniel Lorch ml-daniel at lorch.cc
Mon Nov 22 12:45:06 EST 2004

Hi

I am looking for a way of changing the initial directory after the user
has logged in - basically something that mimicks proftpd's DefaultChdir
[1] directive. In proftpd I have set this directive to "DefaultChDir
public_html", which sends the user automatically to that directory.

In the archives someone suggested [2] that one could supply this value
with the magic character '//', so the user's home directory would become
'/home/user//public_html'. The problem with that is that a lot of
software I'm using depends on the right value for the home directory, so
this won't work for me.

Writing a 'cd' into .bashrc obviously won't work either (as bash is
never invoked), so the right place to make the chdir-call would be
inside of scponly. Has anyone got an idea on how this could be solved
best? A configure-Option (--default-chdir), a configuration file..?

[1]
http://www.proftpd.org/docs/directives/linked/config_ref_DefaultChdir.html
[2] https://lists.ccs.neu.edu/pipermail/scponly/2004-October/000626.html

Daniel