[scponly] need a little help with Cygwin..

Jansen, Paul S paul.jansen at eds.com
Thu Jan 22 11:39:17 EST 2004

Hello,

I've one a search of the mailing list archives and found a question relating
to Cygwin compilation but haven't found any answers.

I've found that if I add the default path to sftp-server under cygwin -
which is /usr/sbin - to line 2768 I can get configure to complete.  Is there
a better way I should fix this issue or is this a fix that can be applied to
the script?
I also noticed that when configure runs it looks for libgen.h 'usability'
and 'presence' and he test returns 'no' on screen for this.
Despite this when I tried to do a make (unsuccessfully) I found that
helper.c had a line to include libgen.h.
It seems to want to include this file for the 'basename' call used in the
'substitute_known_path' function/subroutine on line 130 of helper.c.
>From here I did a bit of a search of the Cygwin mailing list archives and
found that someone has made this header file available by pulling the code
from OpenSSH (I think). You can get it here:
http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/cygwin-1.5/libgen/
I subsequently uncompressed and installed the files in the requisite
location, did 'configure' again but make still doesn't complete.
Looking at the configure output I notice that I get a 'checking for
basename... no'.

Can anyone offer some assistance as to how to proceed with getting scponly
to compile under cygwin?  I feel that this will be of benefit to quite a
number of users.
Could you please CC replies as I am not subscribed to the list?

Thanks very much in advance for any assistance.
Regards,
Paul